NPCA’s 4-hour PQSII – Safety module is a comprehensive, precast-specific course that examines safety issues associated with the precast production process. Course topics include: precast plant hazards; batching plant hazards; molds and forms; rebar and cage fabrication; curing and finishing; overhead crane and rigging; hand and power tool safety; and forklifts. Upon completion of this course, employees will be well-grounded in safety as it applies to the precast industry. For those attendees who successfully complete the course and hold a valid OSHA 10-hour Safety Card, you can receive credit for PQS Level II – Safety by presenting your card at the conclusion of the course.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential safety hazards in your precast plant
- Apply techniques and implement programs to improve plant safety
- Lead toolbox talks on safety topics
- Develop action plans to address plant safety concerns
The requirements for PQS II – Safety have been updated to better accommodate participants who have already earned an OSHA Safety Card. Participants who meet one of the following requirements will receive full credit for completion of PQS II – Safety:
- Successful completion of NPCA’s 4-hour PQS II – Safety module AND hold a valid OSHA 10-hour Safety Card
- Hold a valid OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Card
- Hold a valid OSHA Authorized Trainer Card
Those with an OSHA 30-hour or OSHA Authorized Trainer Card must submit a valid OSHA card and payment information in order to receive credit for PQS II — Safety. A $50 payment is required for administration fees. Following payment, a PQS II shirt, hard hat sticker and certificate will be mailed to you.