NPCA’s Plant Certification program is dedicated to increasing the quality of precast concrete products and assisting specifiers in obtaining those products. Since 1987, NPCA experts have helped businesses like yours to continually monitor, manage and improve the quality of their products.
Why Certify Your Plant?
- Gain access to public and private projects with certification requirements
- Win more contracts while streamlining your processes and improving quality
Enhance Market Credibility
- Leverage an accredited third party to officially recognize your quality standards
Improve Customer Satisfaction
- Provide products that consistently meet customer expectations
- Improve and ensure consistent outcomes that are measured and monitored
- Provide customers with added confidence and peace of mind
Increase Plant Efficiency and Productivity
- Identify opportunities for cost savings
“The initial cost of plant certification is minimal when compared to the benefits of focusing on quality control in the plant. We can document savings in raw materials and purchased items, fewer damaged or rejected castings, and reduced labor and rework of products on the job site. This precast certification program corrects plant errors before they become high-cost problems.”
Norwalk Concrete Industries
Setting the Standard for More Than 35 Years
With more than three decades of experience, you can count on NPCA to provide a qualified, objective evaluation of your plant. NPCA is accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board and meets the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065:2012 Conformity assessment – requirements for Bodies certifying products, processes and services.
As a powerful business improvement tool, the NPCA Plant Certification program provides the framework and guidance you need to consistently meet customer expectations and regulatory quality requirements.
- Plants are evaluated on product quality, documentation, production procedures, management, personnel training and equipment.
- NPCA certifies the processes involved in the manufacture of all precast concrete products, including product-specific requirements such as stormwater concrete pipe, sanitary concrete pipe, round manholes, box culverts, septic tanks and grease interceptors.
- Certified plants are required to:
- Maintain strict adherence to the best practices set forth in the NPCA Quality Control Manual for Precast Concrete Plants.
- Pass critical sections of the NPCA Quality Control Manual for Precast Concrete Plants that include fabrication of reinforcing steel, positioning of reinforcing steel and concrete testing.
- Maintain and follow a plant-specific, comprehensive quality control manual and designated standards, maintain solid management practices, keep accurate records, follow standard production procedures and employ trained and qualified personnel.
- The NPCA Plant Certification includes unannounced inspections by third-party consulting engineers, which are conducted by Hanson Professional Services and RBA Audit LLC (both accredited to ISO/IEC 17020: General criteria for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection).
Let's Get Started!
If you’re ready to certify your plant, we’re ready to help. Our approach provides detailed documentation with expert guidance. We supply the tools you need for certification and hands-on assistance throughout the entire process.
To get started, contact Senior Director of Membership & Regulatory Services Chris Frederick at (800) 366-7731 or [email protected]