NATIONAL PRECAST CONCRETE ASSOCIATION
What Types of Data We Collect and How We Use It
We collect a variety of information when you visit our website and/or engage with our association.
Personal Data may include name, employer, email, employer phone, mobile phone, address, credentials/certifications, credit card information, IP addresses and details of products and/or services purchased and identifies you as an individual or is information that can be linked to you as an individual (“Personal Data”).
Here is what we collect and how we use it:
- Name: We may use your name to personalize digital and print communications sent to you by NPCA, on name badges at NPCA programs that you attend, to list on the NPCA website, mobile app and/or newsletter and to appear in the NPCA directory/database.
- Employer Name: We may use your employer name on digital and print communications sent to you by NPCA, on name badges at NPCA programs that you attend, to list on the NPCA website, mobile app and/or newsletter and to appear in the NPCA directory/database.
- Email: We may use your email to send you communications regarding NPCA news, updates, information on programs, products, services and dues renewal notices. Your email may appear in the NPCA directory/database.
- Employer Phone: Your employer phone may appear in the NPCA directory/database. Depending on your communication preferences, NPCA may contact you on your employer phone regarding dues or other NPCA information.
- Mobile Phone: Your mobile phone may appear in the NPCA directory/database. Depending on your communication preferences, NPCA may contact you on your mobile phone regarding dues or other NPCA information.
- Address: We may use your address to deliver communications sent you by NPCA. Your address may appear in the NPCA directory/database. It may be reported in aggregate (e.g. the number of NPCA participants in your state) when reporting on member demographics and analyzing member trends.
- Credit Card Information: Your credit card information is used when purchasing products or services from NPCA. NPCA collects online payments and works with a third-party payment processor.
- IP Addresses: We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
How We Collect Personal Data
In general, a visitor will know when Personal Data is being collected because he or she will have to fill out a form or has emailed the organization. In addition, we may collect Personal Data through your use of the website(s) and apps, social media, registration platforms or any discussion boards or chat rooms. This includes the collection of IP addresses.
Personal Data is also required in connection with registering with the website. In addition, Personal Data will be requested in connection with conference registration, event activities and registration, purchasing products or services, requesting additional information, signing up for newsletters, registration for an education program, submitting a program application (e.g., award, certification, etc.), completing the application to be a speaker at a NPCA event or submitting questions through these sites.
NPCA does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Data from users under 13 years of age.
How We Share Information
NPCA may provide personal information to third-party agents that have been hired to help provide a requested good or service or to facilitate us in providing our services to you. This may include payment processors, association membership system providers, Off-site venues, NPCA newsletter publishers, website/mobile app developers, member analyses, membership renewal and/or updates on member programs and services. We also share data with exhibitors and sponsors at our conference. Unless directed otherwise at the time of collection, we may also share collected personal information with third parties who may have information or services that we believe could be helpful to participants or visitors. Visitors may opt-out from the sharing of collected information by contacting us.
NPCA reserves the right to disclose without notice any information in its possession if required to do so by law, to protect or defend NPCA’s rights or property, or to respond to an emergency.
Rights of European Residents
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data.
You have the right to:
Request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of your Personal Data and to verify that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of your Personal Data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data we hold about you is deleted.
Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your Personal Data. Where technically feasible, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Withdraw your consent. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
How You Can Access and Change Information
NPCA acknowledges that you have the right to access your Personal Data. In case you request us to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data. You can update or correct your Personal Data or remove it from our system by making a request to us at the contact information provided below. Requests typically receive a response within thirty (30) days. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, we will provide the requesting party with an estimated date by which the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation of why access has been denied.
Our Security Measures to Protect Your Personal Data
We are committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the information that you choose to provide us, and we use a variety of security procedures to help protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Data. Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we restrict access to Personal Data to our employees, contractors and servicers who need to know the information to operate, develop or improve our services.
Unfortunately, no transmission of Personal Data over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, NPCA cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online services. NPCA has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the internet. If you have questions about this Policy or the security of your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated under the “Contact Us” section below.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may amend this Policy from time to time without prior notice. If we decide to change this Policy, we will post those changes on our home page so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it, so please review it periodically.
Your continued use of our website will be deemed to be your agreement to the changed terms.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our treatment of the information you provide us, please contact as at email@example.com.
Last updated September 7, 2022