Since its beginnings in 1989, the NPCA Educational Foundation has provided educational scholarships to more than 80 undergraduate students enrolled in a curriculum in the building and construction fields.
This year NPCAEF has awarded a total of five scholarships; four at the undergraduate-level and one the graduate level (through the Daneen Barbour Graduate Scholarship program).
The NPCAEF is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2011 scholarships:
- Currently a freshman at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind.
- From Attica, Ind.
- Son of Jerome and Sarah Mattern
- Majoring in Building Construction Management and hopes to work in commercial construction
- Participated in summer study programs in China and France
- Active in high school varsity basketball, cross-country, track and football
- Volunteered with a variety of community organizations
- Active in 4-H and Future Farmers of America
- Numerous academic honors and awards
- Sponsored by John Lendrum, Norwalk Concrete Industries Inc.
- Currently a freshmen at Indiana university-Purdue University Indianapolis
- From Rushville, Indiana
- Son of Lynne and Richard Craven
- Majoring in Business Management with hopes of managing the family concrete business
- Has worked in the precast industry for 6 years
- Active in numerous community and school clubs
- Sponsored by David Sweet, McCreary Concrete Products, Inc.
- Currently a junior at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, WY
- Pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering
- Worked in the precast industry for 20 years as a draftsman before deciding to obtain his civil engineering degree.
- Sponsored by Penny Hayward, Colorado Precast Concrete
- Currently a junior at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia
- Majoring in Civil Engineering with construction concentration
- Accepted to Career Preparation Program offered by Management Leadership for Tomorrow
- Active in various professional and student organizations
- Sponsored by Nick Schack, Oldcastle Precast Inc.
Renee Reder, Daneen Barbour Graduate Scholarship
- Graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in May, 2010 with a degree in Architecture
- Pursuing Master of Architecture degree at Rice University in Houston, TX
- Was an undergraduate recipient of an Educational Foundation scholarship
- Sponsored by Michael Worden, Concrete Systems Inc.
Visit the NPCAEF website at precast.org/foundation to:
- Learn more about the foundation
- Apply for a scholarship
- Make a donation
- Sponsor a scholarship recipient