Specifiers expect the product that arrives on the job site to be of the highest quality, and NPCA is committed to ensuring its members live up to that standard. The NPCA Plant Certification program has been continually refined over time and is the gold standard in certification. The program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute, ensuring the highest standards in all phases of the certification process.
NPCA Plant Certification is accredited by ANSI. Accreditation signifies that the procedures used by NPCA meet the institute’s requirements for openness, balance, consensus, and due process and were developed in an environment that is equitable, accessible and responsive to the requirements of various stakeholders.
NPCA Plant Certification Program benefits include:
- Assisting management in achieving excellence in plants and operations. A plant benefits from insights on improving processes, efficiency and products.
- Assuring a uniform, high degree of excellence in plant facilities, production, processes and quality control operations.
- Setting one standard of quality for all precast concrete products – effectively leveling the playing field for all plants wishing to supply products to the project.
- Creating additional opportunities for plants – and the precast industry – by showing a commitment to produce high-quality precast concrete products. Users and specifiers of these products also benefit by easily identifying and selecting high-quality precast-concrete manufacturers.
- Providing recognition for plants that strive for and achieve a high degree of excellence. A certified plant stands out among plants wishing to supply products to a particular project.
For more information about NPCA’s Plant Certification Program contact Richard Krolewski, Director of Certification and Regulatory Services, at (800) 366-7731.
Current Certified Plants
NPCA Quality Control Manual
Deficiencies/Post Assessment Form
Applications and Resources
Hear what others are saying about us!
“We chose to join NPCA’s Plant Certification program, even when it was not required of us, because we are committed to producing the highest quality precast possible. It can be very difficult to identify your own faults. But, when an inspector has been through your plant, it is much easier to see and correct your problems after they are spelled out for you in black and white. This program has made us a much better plant.
Jefferson Concrete Corp.
We feel use of this certification program is a step in the right direction. It has helped to replace our need to hire outside consultants to inspect precast products for us. Also, there has not been a problem getting the precast industry to follow the new requirements. Every plant stepped up to get certified.
Wyoming Dept. of Transportation
The initial cost of plant certification is minimal when compared to the benefits of focusing on quality control in the plant. We can document savings in raw materials and purchased items, fewer damaged or rejected castings, and reduced labor and rework of products on the job site. The certification program corrects plant errors before they become high cost problems.
Norwalk Concrete Industries