ASTM Committee C27 has renamed its top annual award to the Gary Munkelt Distinguished Leadership Award, honoring the initial recipient of the honor, who recently passed away.
Nominations currently are being accepted for the 2022 recipient. Any member of the C27 Committee may nominate a candidate via email to Hugh Martin. Deadline is Oct. 1.
Nominations must include the nominee’s full name and supporting information. This year’s recipient will be announce during the C27 main meeting in New Orleans.
Exceptional service may include but is not limited to:
- Exemplary work as a committee or subcommittee officer for a substantial period of time (at least six years).
- Prolonged diligent standards activity. For example, a task group chairpersonship that resulted in generating new C27 standards or authoring revisions to existing C27 standards.
- Task group work that addressed a very difficult problem for which there may or may not be any specific tangible product.
- Significant contributions to the development of a new test method or improvement of an existing test method, that is incorporated in C27’s standards.
- Other significant work deemed worthy of recognition by either C27’s awards committee or C27’s executive committee.
Munkelt recently was featured in NPCA’s Precast Inc. magazine. Read more about him here.