The National Precast Concrete Association was a Gold Level sponsor at the 10th International Conference on Concrete Pavements in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, July 8-12, 2012. The focus of the conference was to present information on new technologies related to the design, construction and rehabilitation of various types of concrete pavements.
The conference targeted pavement, materials, and geotechnical engineering professionals who are involved in all aspects of concrete pavement design, construction, testing and evaluation, and rehabilitation. Professionals in attendance included federal, state and municipal engineers; consulting engineers; contractors; materials suppliers; and academia.
At the conference, NPCA sponsored a four hour seminar titled “Precast Concrete Pavement: View Points from Practitioners and Visionaries.” The seminar was focused on jointed precast concrete pavement technology. The seminar touched on the following topics:
- A Historical and Future Perspective
- An Overview of R05- An International Perspective
- MTO Perspective on Concrete Pavement in Ontario
- Utah Perspective on Jointed Precast Concrete Pavement
- Caltrans Maintenance Perspective on Jointed Precast Concrete Pavement
- A Contractor’s Perspective on Jointed Precast Concrete Pavement
- The Use of Precast Panels for Dynamic Wireless Charging of Vehicles (in Singapore)
The powerpoint presentations are available below to download.
Press the Play Button on the Video Above to View the ISCP Conference Seminar