Four Steps to Get Started on Crane Certification
1. Stay informed
Check precast.org often to get the latest information on the new OSHA mobile crane operator certification requirement.
2. Develop Your Training Plan to Prepare Your Operators
- Identify training vendors in your area
- Work with an accredited certification organization to identify partners that provide preparatory training classes
- Invest in online prep classes
- Create a study group
3. Collaborate with other precasters
Consider partnering with your regional association or other precasters in your area to host training and examinations to take advantage of volume discounts.
4. Don’t wait
Instructors’ and exam proctors’ schedules fill up quickly. It is important to be proactive to ensure your crane operators are properly certified and qualified before OSHA knocks on your door.