Five Steps to Get Started on Crane Certification
1. Mark your calendar
The requirement goes into effect Nov. 10, 2018.
2. Stay informed
Check precast.org often to get the latest information on the new OSHA mobile crane operator certification requirement.
3. Develop Your Training Plan to Prepare Your Operators
- Identify training vendors in your area
- Work with an accredited certification organization to identify partners that provide preparatory training classes
- Invest in online prep classes
- Create a study group
4. Collaborate with other precasters
Consider partnering with your regional association or other precasters in your area to host training and examinations to take advantage of volume discounts.
5. Don’t wait
Instructors’ and exam proctors’ schedules are quickly filling up. As the deadline draws closer, we anticipate it will be harder to find openings in crane prep training courses and proctors to administer written and practical exams.