Careers at NPCA
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where your job performance and work ethic are valued, where there are excellent benefits and where you are part of a fast-paced team in a positive and professional work environment? The National Precast Concrete Association is the national trade association representing manufacturers of plant-produced precast concrete products and the companies that provide the equipment, supplies and services to make these products. Founded in 1965, we currently represent members across the U.S., as well as in Canada, Mexico and throughout the world. We pride ourselves on service to our members and the industry as a whole. It is a mission that requires a dynamic team of talented and dedicated individuals. If you’re interested in joining our team, all open positions are listed below. Thank you for your interest in NPCA.
National Precast Concrete Association provides the industry’s largest and most comprehensive plant certification program, which is accredited by the American National Standards Institute. We are seeking a Sales Consultant to conduct outreach with government officials to grow opportunity in the marketplace as well as promote enrollment in and support of the Plant Certification program to precast concrete producers.
We’re seeking a Director of Certification and Regulatory Services to join our team. This position is based in our Carmel, Ind., office and is part of a dynamic team of association professionals. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of relationship building, customer focus, and sales. Experience within the engineering, construction, or concrete industry is a plus.
To apply for this position please send your resume, including salary history, to Marti Harrell, vice president of technical services and professional development.
1320 City Center Drive
Carmel, IN 46032
TITLE OF POSITION: Director of Certification and Regulatory Services
Primary Department: Technical Services & Professional Development
Reports to: Vice President of Tech. Services & Prof. Development
General summary: Conduct outreach with specifiers to grow member opportunity in the marketplace. Promotes enrollment in and support of the Plant Certification program to precast concrete producers.
- Work with specifiers to update specifications to include NPCA Plant Certification, including states, cities and municipalities.
- Maintain relationships with state DOTs and other specifying agencies to maintain inclusion in specifications and to foster communication.
- Represents the Association at industry trade shows and meetings.
Plant Certification Program Promotion:
- Maintain relationships with DOTs and specifiers requiring plant certification.
- Grow number of state DOTs and other specifying agencies requiring NPCA Plant Certification.
- Make contacts within targeted regions consisting of specifiers, regulators and local precast concrete manufacturers with the intent of increasing the number of agencies requiring plant certification and the number of certified precast concrete plants
- Grow and promote the NPCA Plant Certification Program and the NPCA Pre-Assessment Program.
- Actively recruit and retain Producer Members
- Plant Certification and Plant Evaluation Program (PEP) Sales
Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Strong ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Accurate organization and forecasting of business opportunities.
- Strong customer service focus with a bachelor’s degree or 5 years inside and outside sales experience. In addition, engineering, construction and/or concrete experience and/or education is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public-speaking capability.
- Be able to travel overnight frequently via airplane in the United States and Canada.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to develop proficiency in association database
- Interest in Public Policy and working with Government Agencies preferred.
Places where work is performed: This work is performed primarily on the employer’s premises. Additional functions may be necessary at offsite educational seminars, trade shows, conventions, and conferences.