Careers at NPCA
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where your job performance and work ethic are valued, where there are excellent benefits and where you are part of a fast-paced team in a positive and professional work environment? The National Precast Concrete Association is the national trade association representing manufacturers of plant-produced precast concrete products and the companies that provide the equipment, supplies and services to make these products. Founded in 1965, we currently represent members across the U.S., as well as in Canada, Mexico and throughout the world. We pride ourselves on service to our members and the industry as a whole. It is a mission that requires a dynamic team of talented and dedicated individuals. If you’re interested in joining our team, all open positions are listed below. Thank you for your interest in NPCA.
Here’s an opportunity where you’ll use your top-notch writing and editing skills, while also making use of electronic communications tools to connect and have an impact. If that sounds like you, the National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) has the perfect position for you. The open Communications Manager position produces the association’s flagship print and electronic member communications publications, works on the association’s public relations efforts, and plays a role in various other print and electronic communications efforts.
This role reports directly to the vice president of communication & public affairs and will fill a key need for the association, bringing tremendous value to the communications department and the entire association. NPCA represents manufacturers of precast concrete products and the suppliers of products and services for the industry. We are dedicated to expanding the use of quality precast concrete products and providing members with the programs and information required to operate a successful precast plant. In short, we help businesses thrive and to improve the lives of those who own and work for them.
Title: Communications Manager
- Membership magazine: Manages the organization’s flagship publication including the editorial and production schedule, editing, writing, coordinating with vendors, development of topics and more.
- Email newsletters: Leads all aspects of news gathering and production, ensures email communication is timely and accurate, researches and implements best practices, and tracks analytics to recommend future changes to increase open rate and engagement.
- Other publications: Serves as a primary or secondary editor on various other print and electronic publications.
- Public relations: Produces media lists and press releases, identifies public relations opportunities and tracks results.
- Podcasts: Co-host and co-producer.
- Video: Leads editing of in-house video projects.
- Trade show app: Manages the mobile app and coordinates with the third-party vendor.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- Top-tier verbal and written communication skills; intimate working knowledge of AP style book a must.
- Experience managing a print publication and editing technical content.
- Experience in email marketing software.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable.
- Experience in photography and videography highly desirable.
- Able to travel overnight via airplane.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Places where work is performed: This work is performed on the employer’s premises, except for scheduled trips, seminars, trade shows, conventions and conferences, in which case, the work is performed at the location.
Please send resumes to NPCA Vice President of Communications & Public Affairs Kirk Stelsel.