The Future is Now
With the precast concrete industry growing ever more technical and competitive and with customers demanding higher quality at lower prices, it is vital to recruit, train and retain a top-quality workforce. Where will your future employees come from? How will your company keep up with the rapidly expanding knowledge base required for companies to compete in a quality-driven, cost-competitive environment?
Today, we are expanding our scope to aggressively promote the benefits of precast over other materials through a multipronged education initiative targeting the specifying community. This $3 million campaign will create an endowment to fund a host of education and technical training initiatives for production personnel, engineering students, specifiers, owners and end users.
To learn more about the campaign, click on the links below.
Foundation for the Future Brochure
Grant Policies and Application Form
Foundation for the Future FAQ
NPCA Foundation Investment Policy FAQ
Since 2005, we have made significant progress towards supporting workforce development, educating specifiers, growing precast markets and expanding education opportunities for students. Let us share the success of the Capital Campaign to date:
- Over 100 scholarships have been awarded to date
- Scholarships have been increased from $1,000 per year to $2,500 per year for each recipient
- The Foundation made a $100,000 pledge to Concrete Industry Management’s National Steering Committee for developing and enhancing the program at several universities. To date we have fulfilled 100% of that pledge
- Awarded grants of $10,000 and $9,350 to the NPCA Education Committee for the development of two separate PQS Level II Courses for plant employees:
- PQS Level II – Technical
- PQS Level II – Advanced Quality Control
- Awarded a grant of $7,175 for the development of an online PQS Level I Refresher Course