Created to build upon the essentials covered during PQS I, this two-day course explores the technical aspects of the manufactured concrete production process.
PQS II – Technical participants will focus on five key areas:
1. Basic Mechanics – The fundamental aspects related to stress, strain and stiffness
2. Basics of Design Theory for Concrete Elements – A discussion of the mechanical properties of concrete and steel, complete with demonstrations
3. Proper Lifting of Concrete Elements – The essentials to prevent unexpected movements or failures
4. Reading and Understanding Blueprints – An overview of the basics of blueprint reading and reinforcement as it relates to plans
5. Standards – A discussion of the process used to determine specifications, the development of standards and the requirements to obtain them
The PQS II – Technical course curriculum has been developed to decode technical industry jargon and to provide attendees with a better understanding of the entire precasting process.
Successful completion of the standard PQS Level I course or the PQS Level I Online course since 2000 is a prerequisite to participate in the PQS Level II – Technical course.