Show Your Support for the Wastewater Treatment Product Committee Optional Ballot Initiative
For the past five years, NPCA has been working to increase promotion of quality precast concrete wastewater products. Many of you have been involved, so we’d like to share what we have accomplished so far.
In 2014, the Water & Wastewater Product Committee started an optional ballot with the goal of raising $99,500 to establish a presence in advertising and increase participation in wastewater events around the country. We raised $50,625.18 and the NPCA Board matched that with $50,000. With those funds, we were able to:
- Place full page advertisements in Onsite Installer for 32 months, allowing us to reach almost 22,000 recipients and roughly 15,000 online readers each month
- Have a 20-foot-by 20-foot booth at the Water and Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport (WWETT) Show for two years, giving us a greater and more engaging presence with attendees
- Participate in the National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (NOWRA) Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference for two years, enabling us to connect with leaders in the onsite wastewater industry
- Send NPCA professional staff to 12 additional regional onsite events to exhibit and present, reaching thousands of specifiers, regulators, inspectors, installers, and other industry professionals
- Produce a nationally distributed water and wastewater edition of Precast Solutions, which was mailed to nearly 16,000 specifiers and is distributed at each state and national wastewater event we participate in
Acknowledging the importance of the initiative, the NPCA Board approved budget items including advertising in Onsite Installer throughout 2019 and increased NPCA staff presence at wastewater conferences through 2020. The full-page advertisements have produced added benefits such as an uptick in coverage of precast products and pro bono opportunities in Onsite Installer, connections with departments of health that have led to our involvement with their specifications, opportunities to present at wastewater conferences, and more.
To continue positive results, the committee is seeking to raise an additional $42,000 through a new optional ballot. This funding will support our ads in Onsite Installer through 2021.
You have an opportunity to make a difference by joining the industry leaders in wastewater products, with participation in this new initiative! Please show your support by donating to the optional ballot.
If you have any questions, contact Kayla Hanson, P.E., NPCA’s director of technical services, at (800) 366-7731 or [email protected]. We look forward to sharing more success as we continue this important work.