This month we are pleased to feature McCreary Concrete Products as part of our Meet a Precaster blog series. Answers were provided by Dave Sweet, sales and marketing manager.
Don’t forget to check out all of our Meet a Precaster blog posts and if you’re an NPCA Producer Member and would like to be featured in a future Meet a Precaster post, please send an email to NPCA’s internal communication and web manager, Sara Geer.
1. Where are you located?
We currently have plants in Rushville and Tipton, Indiana.
2. How did your company get its start?
We started as a block company in 1945. The McCreary family saw the need for precast septic tanks in Indiana in the 1960s and made the transition to a precast producer, eventually phasing out the block production line completely.
3. What value does NPCA bring to your company and the industry?
Being a member company as well as an NPCA Certified Plant opens doors to not only state and federal work, but to the private sector too. Specifiers want the best products on their job site. The NPCA Plant Certification Program ensures they will receive quality products in a timely fashion.
4. How have the relationships you’ve developed through NPCA membership impacted your business?
The NPCA membership has impacted our business very well. As with any successful business, word of mouth is paramount. The organization is a tight knit group of producers, material suppliers and specifiers. This allows us all to take advantage of the latest technologies and apply them to our production lines.
5. What are the top advantages of precast concrete products?
The top advantages of using precast concrete are quality-driven products, faster production and installation times versus cast-in-place, and uniform aesthetics.
6. What is the most interesting or unique project you’ve worked on?
The most unique project we’ve worked on was helping with the development of various municipal standards for a variety of our precast product lines.
7. What drives you and your employees to produce quality precast concrete products?
Our main focus is the customer.
8. Tell us about a time when you changed a spec to precast on a project and why that change was made.
Changing a specification for a project is a constant with McCreary Concrete Products. It is an easy sell when you can promise a customer a time- and money-saving product that not only looks great, but will perform as needed for years to come.
9. What makes precast concrete an even better product today than it has ever been in the past?
What makes precast concrete a better product today is the advances in manufacturing materials and admixtures, better production equipment and practices, and trade organizations like NPCA.
10. How do you see the precast concrete industry – and your company in particular – evolving in the future?
Precast concrete in general will not only continue to be at the forefront of construction technologies, it will continue to grow as an industry. Thanks to this, McCreary Concrete Products will continue to provide current and future customers quality NPCA Certified material for years to come.
The opinions expressed in this blog post are solely those of the member, and not of NPCA or any of its employees.