The following information was provided by ASTM Standardization News concerning ASTM C27.
Standards development work for stormwater management and other related products will highlight the Dec. 10 meeting of ASTM International Committee C27 on Precast Concrete Products in Jacksonville, Fla., during the December 2013 ASTM Committee Week.
Five proposed standards are under way for precast concrete stormwater management products:
- WK26951, Practice for Field Measurement of Performance Characteristics of Hydrodynamic Stormwater Separators and Underground Settling Devices;
- WK24908, Practice for Determination of Suspended Sediment Removal Efficiency of Hydrodynamic Stormwater Separators and Underground Settling Devices;
- WK30222, Specification for Methods of Measurement and Acceptable Error for Surrogate Silica Sediments Used for the Evaluation of Stormwater Treatment Devices;
- WK36628, Test Method for Measuring the Hydraulic Capacity of Filtration Products for Stormwater Treatment; and
- WK39909, Specification for Surrogate Test Solids for Measuring Performance of Stormwater Treatment Devices.
C27 subcommittees will also continue work on proposed standards for retaining wall modular block units, precast concrete burial vaults and grave liners, and concrete box sections. Formed in 1972, Committee C27 maintains 33 standards covering utility structures; barriers; poles and cast stone; water and wastewater structures and tanks; and glass fiber reinforced concrete. C27’s scope excludes concrete pipe, which falls under ASTM Committee C13 on Concrete Pipe.