Careers at NPCA
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where your job performance and work ethic are valued, where there are excellent benefits and where you are part of a fast-paced team in a positive and professional work environment? The National Precast Concrete Association is the national trade association representing manufacturers of plant-produced precast concrete products and the companies that provide the equipment, supplies and services to make these products. Founded in 1965, we currently represent members across the U.S., as well as in Canada, Mexico and throughout the world. We pride ourselves on service to our members and the industry as a whole. It is a mission that requires a dynamic team of talented and dedicated individuals. If you’re interested in joining our team, all open positions are listed below. If there are no opportunities currently listed, please check back at a later date as our needs can change throughout the year. Thank you for your interest in NPCA.
Title: Technical Services Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Technical Services and Professional Development
Support National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) members and industry professionals by addressing technical issues, interpreting standards and specifications as well as the NPCA Quality Control Manual. Provide technical support, guidance and assist in coordinating the activities of product specific precast concrete committees. Represent the Association and precast industry at industry trade shows, exhibitions and conferences. Perform research and assist in writing technical articles. Provide industry assistance developing national and international standards directly related to the manufacture and testing of precast concrete.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain proficiency in industry specifications, codes, standards and the latest reinforced precast concrete technology.
- Respond to technical inquiries of members and industry professionals.
- Provide technical support to plants enrolled in the NPCA Plant Certification program.
- Coordinate and support the technical activities of product specific committees as assigned.
- Provide support to the process and sign off approval for granting certification to plants inspected and reports generated from NPCA auditor software for the NPCA Plant Certification program – When approved by Director of Quality Assurance in compliance to ANSI.
- Perform research and help write technical articles and notes.
- Assist in the development of technical publications using primarily outside sources with in-house review and management.
- Assist in the development of educational programs.
- Represent the Association at trade shows and industry-wide technical committees (AASHTO, ASTM, ACI, ICC, IAPMO, etc.).
- Identify what materials and resources to send to tradeshow and presentation audiences after the event, and provide that information to Communications and Marketing Assistant to send out.
- Recommend publications for technical library and seek new innovative technology applications.
- Maintain the books, manuals and other documents in the Technical Library.
- Up to 25 % travel can be expected.
- Other duties as assigned
Relationships: Report to and work as assigned by Vice President of Technical Services and Professional Development. Extensive contact with other staff members, committees, all members and a variety of other professional agencies is necessary. Keeps Vice President of Technical Services and Professional Development informed of all actions.
General Office Equipment: telephone, photocopy machine, fax machine, computer equipment, cell phone.
Places Where Work is Performed
This work is primarily performed on the employer’s premises, except for scheduled conventions, conferences, educational offerings, seminars, committee meetings, pre-assessment audits and plant visits; in which case, the work is performed at the location of the event, meeting or assessment.
- Possess a BS or MS in Civil, Structural, Architectural, Construction, Environmental or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Possess a P.E. license or register as an active EIT (Engineer-in-Training).
- Firm grasp of Civil Engineering Terms and Concepts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, databases and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office programs preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- A desire and willingness to work with people who are volunteers and members of the NPCA.
To apply please send resumes to Andi Pierce.